Who should read this?
If you provide your Personal Information to Belly Button Designs Ltd or Belly Button Bubble Ltd then you should read this to understand your privacy rights and how we gather and use your information.
At Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd, we’re committed to safe-guarding and protecting any personal information you may supply to us. This privacy & cookies notice will inform you as to how we look after the data we collect and how we use it. This policy, which applies whether you engage with an agent, visit our tradeshows, contact us by phone, email, or online, provides detailed information on:
- when and why we collect your personal information,
- how we use it,
- how we store your personal data and keep it safe,
- any requests for us to remove, correct or delete any information we hold about you,
- and your legal rights to complain to us and to the data protection regulator relating to your personal data.
How we gather your personal information
When you engage with Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd via various channels, including our website, visiting a tradeshow, speaking to sales support and customer services, we collect and process your personal data. Only the minimum amount of personal information required will be requested by us to be able to effectively provide you with the best possible service.
How we collect and process personal information
The personal data we collect, and process can be categorized as follows:
- Your personal details, such as your name, e-mail address, physical address (if provided including invoice and delivery addresses), phone numbers (including mobile if provided), IP address, in some cases geo location and language.
- Information about our products and services you have ordered or enquired about.
- Your enquiry and purchase information, such as your personal details as specified above, your username and password, order information, such as product range name and finish, design and product content, details of appointments and site visits, details of order processing information such as manufacture and delivery details including your delivery address (if different).
- Your payment information is processed securely with a third-party Worldpay; therefore, we do not retain any debit or credit card details. For more information please visit https://www.worldpay.com/uk
- If you have provided us with your Bank details to obtain a refund, that information will be stored securely with our banking system provided by HSBC.
- Requests for customer support containing your personal and order details as specified above.
- Information provided by telephone or other means maybe monitored, recorded and stored. This may include notes from our conversations with you, such as details of information provided, comments you make, feedback on your experience and details of any complaints.
- Marketing and Communications data that includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Information provided when you interact with us on social media.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How and why we use your personal data
We want to give you the best possible customer experience, and by combining and sharing the data we have collected about you, both from Belly Button Designs and Belly Button bubble into one database allows us to achieve this. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customer to provide you with the highest levels of service. We may further use your information for responding to and fulfilling your requests through various products we use to assist as follows:
- to process brochure and appointment requests,
- to complete forms or submissions on your behalf, sending you automated service messages.
- to obtain for process, but not retain, contact and payment details through our third-party payment provider Worldpay, for more information please visit https://www.worldpay.com/uk
- to process your orders, complete supply chain purchases, ensure manufacture and delivery of purchased products, handle possible replacement items and returns. We use third Party providers to deliver goods purchased from Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd. We only use the required details to provide the service the person has requested.
- to provide you with customer service, handle your requests or complaints and provide you with product support which may be over the phone or online. We use a third-party, Tri Soft, to run our websites and sales pak. For more information visit https://www.trisoft.co.uk. For our IT Support we look to Hallidays, https://www.hallidays.co.uk
- if you have registered your details orare an existing customer who has bought (or negotiated to buy) one of our products or a similar product or service from us in the past, you’ve shown a legitimate interest and been added to our database – a ‘soft-opt’ in anddid not specify otherwise. We will use your personal data, preferences and details of your purchases to keep you informed by email, post and telephone through our sales support or customer services about relevant products and services including news, events, promotions and similar marketing content about both Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd. If you would rather not receive any information from us, please choose to opt-out and use the unsubscribe link on the email campaigns that have been sent or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We use a third-party service Campaign Monitor for some of these services, for more information please visit https://www.campaignmonitor.com/policies/
- to develop and improve personnel, processes and systems, as well as the services and products we provide to you.
- to comply with our contractual or legal obligations.
We may give information to and receive information from third parties where it is necessary to recover debts due by you to us, for example, debt recovery agents, credit reference agencies and sheriff officer or bailiff services. This might include passing personal information about you to a third party who we have transferred your debt to, and who will be advised of the identity of that third party. We use your information in this way because it is necessary to perform our contract with you, to exercise our legal rights, and because it is fair and reasonable for us to do so.
For business customers, we will use personal information about key individuals in the business, so we can operate and administer the products and services which we provide to the business, we will use:
- Personal information about key individuals who are either a sole trader of the business or are a proprietor, director, company secretary, shareholder, partner, member, committee member, trustee, controller, beneficial owner or authorized signatory to the account of the business.
- The personal information we use on key individuals for the purposes of operating and administering products and services which we provide to the business, as well as for purposes of fraud and money laundering, for debt recovery purposes and to make credit decisions about the business.
Personal information on key individuals is obtained directly from the key individual, from the business to which the key individual is linked with, from the key individual’s dealings with any member of Belly Button Designs Ltd or Belly Button Bubble Ltd, and from fraud prevention and credit reference agencies. Such information may include special categories of personal information.
Where we store and process your data
Your personal data is stored and processed within the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA includes all EU Member countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
If we are required to deliver or install products, or to perform services outside the EEA to any third countries, as defined in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd will ensure that the transfer of your personal data to any third countries is done in accordance with valid law and that relevant legal and security safeguards are observed.
Who we share your personal data with
- Third parties when required by law, court order or a decision made by a competent public authority for the purposes of law enforcement.
- Our group companies to ensure consistent level of service across our products and services, to enhance our products, services and your customer experience.
- Trusted third parties carrying out services on our behalf such sales, marketing, IT support, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, product service support, shipping and purchase order fulfilment, data storage, validation, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such third-party vendors have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your personal data for other purposes.
- Third parties to establish, exercise or defend legal rights of Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd.
- Other third parties subject to your consent.
- When we disclose your personal data to a third party, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal data. The disclosure is conducted in compliance with legal requirements, including entering into data processing agreements with the relevant third parties, to ensure that personal data is only processed in accordance with our instructions, applicable law and regulations and for the purposes specified by us and to ensure adequate security measures.
How long we will keep your personal data
Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. At the end of the retention period, your data will be anonymised, suppressed or securely deleted, unless such data legitimately can be kept and processed for other processing purposes, which we have legal basis for.
Cookies policy: most websites use “cookies” which are small text files that are stored on your computer when using web browsers. They are used by lots of websites for many different reasons but usually to provide appropriate information to visitors including keeping track of your “basket” and providing relevant product information. We advise allowing cookies in your browser settings to help you get the best from our website. They will not harm your computer or allow us to store credit card details -which is what many people worry about – but are there to help improve your shopping experience. We are providing this information to ensure we are complying with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 and to make sure we provide a clear and informative service. If you decide that you want to delete cookies, please see below how to change your settings to do this.
Cookies used in our website: We use very few cookies and those that we do use are: –
- @basket which allows the basket to work, by remembering what has been added when you leave the page or leave the website and return later.
- asp.sessionid which allows the website to provide information to visitor’s computers. This id stays with the visitor for the duration of their session.
- last_viewed_products which tells you which products you last viewed in case you wish to revisit one and buy it.
- You can clear this at any time by clicking “clear list”.
- The website uses google analytics and 3rd party services to enhance understanding of visitor traffic and provide improvements based upon that knowledge, or to allow for users to share information with their social networks. Google analytics allows us to collect anonymous visitor data to give us an idea of how the website is used which helps us improve the website for future users. If you would like to opt out of this cookie in particular, please click here to view details of google’s opt-out plugin.
If you wish to disallow, disable or delete or control cookies on your browser, please follow the appropriate link for your browser below:
- If you have any queries please contact us at email@example.com.
Under the Data Protection Act and EU GDPR, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you, namely;
- The right to be informed; why we process the personal data, who we share the data with and how long we will store the data for (see above)
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to an automated decision
You can read more about these rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
We try to be as open as we can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- give you confirmation as to whether or not we are holding any personal data about you and if yes, a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it and how long for
- tell you your rights in respect of personal data held by us
- tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
However, the right to obtain a copy must not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
To make an enquiry about any personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing addressing it to our Data Champion, at the address provided below.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone. If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes or exercise any of your other rights by, once again, contacting the Data Champion.
How to contact us
You can write to:
The Data Champion
Belly Button Designs Ltd or Belly Button Bubble Ltd
Unit 3, The Oakfield Centre,
Harling Road, Sharston Industrial Estate,
Manchester, M22 4UX
Or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Version 1.01 last modified May 2018