Who should read this?
If you provide your Personal Information to Belly Button Designs Ltd or Belly Button Bubble Ltd then you should read this to understand your privacy rights and how we gather and use your information.
At Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd, we’re committed to safe-guarding and protecting any personal information you may supply to us. This privacy & cookies notice will inform you as to how we look after the data we collect and how we use it. This policy, which applies whether you engage with an agent, visit our tradeshows, contact us by phone, email, or online, provides detailed information on:
- when and why we collect your personal information,
- how we use it,
- how we store your personal data and keep it safe,
- any requests for us to remove, correct or delete any information we hold about you,
- and your legal rights to complain to us and to the data protection regulator relating to your personal data.
How we gather your personal information
When you engage with Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd via various channels, including our website, visiting a tradeshow, speaking to sales support and customer services, we collect and process your personal data. Only the minimum amount of personal information required will be requested by us to be able to effectively provide you with the best possible service.
How we collect and process personal information
The personal data we collect, and process can be categorized as follows:
- Your personal details, such as your name, e-mail address, physical address (if provided including invoice and delivery addresses), phone numbers (including mobile if provided), IP address, in some cases geo location and language.
- Information about our products and services you have ordered or enquired about.
- Your enquiry and purchase information, such as your personal details as specified above, your username and password, order information, such as product range name and finish, design and product content, details of appointments and site visits, details of order processing information such as manufacture and delivery details including your delivery address (if different).
- Your payment information is processed securely with a third-party Worldpay; therefore, we do not retain any debit or credit card details. For more information please visit https://www.worldpay.com/uk
- If you have provided us with your Bank details to obtain a refund, that information will be stored securely with our banking system provided by HSBC.
- Requests for customer support containing your personal and order details as specified above.
- Information provided by telephone or other means maybe monitored, recorded and stored. This may include notes from our conversations with you, such as details of information provided, comments you make, feedback on your experience and details of any complaints.
Marketing and Communications data that includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Information provided when you interact with us on social media.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How and why we use your personal data
We want to give you the best possible customer experience, and by combining and sharing the data we have collected about you, both from Belly Button Designs and Belly Button bubble into one database allows us to achieve this. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customer to provide you with the highest levels of service. We may further use your information for responding to and fulfilling your requests through various products we use to assist as follows:
Where we store and process your data
Your personal data is stored and processed within the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA includes all EU Member countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
If we are required to deliver or install products, or to perform services outside the EEA to any third countries, as defined in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd will ensure that the transfer of your personal data to any third countries is done in accordance with valid law and that relevant legal and security safeguards are observed.
Who we share your personal data with
- Third parties when required by law, court order or a decision made by a competent public authority for the purposes of law enforcement.
- Our group companies to ensure consistent level of service across our products and services, to enhance our products, services and your customer experience.
- Trusted third parties carrying out services on our behalf such sales, marketing, IT support, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, product service support, shipping and purchase order fulfilment, data storage, validation, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such third-party vendors have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your personal data for other purposes.
- Third parties to establish, exercise or defend legal rights of Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd.
- Other third parties subject to your consent.
- When we disclose your personal data to a third party, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal data. The disclosure is conducted in compliance with legal requirements, including entering into data processing agreements with the relevant third parties, to ensure that personal data is only processed in accordance with our instructions, applicable law and regulations and for the purposes specified by us and to ensure adequate security measures.
How long we will keep your personal data
Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. At the end of the retention period, your data will be anonymised, suppressed or securely deleted, unless such data legitimately can be kept and processed for other processing purposes, which we have legal basis for.
Cookies policy: most websites use “cookies” which are small text files that are stored on your computer when using web browsers. They are used by lots of websites for many different reasons but usually to provide appropriate information to visitors including keeping track of your “basket” and providing relevant product information. We advise allowing cookies in your browser settings to help you get the best from our website. They will not harm your computer or allow us to store credit card details -which is what many people worry about – but are there to help improve your shopping experience. We are providing this information to ensure we are complying with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 and to make sure we provide a clear and informative service. If you decide that you want to delete cookies, please see below how to change your settings to do this.
Cookies used in our website:
|GDPR Cookie Consent||Persistent||1 year||When you click to accept the Cookie notification on this website, a cookie is used to remember your consent. That way you can enjoy our site without the nagging notification appearing at the bottom of the site.|
|Google Analytics||third party||2 years||Used to track how the website is used and provide feedback to help us improve user experience. Your information is passed to Google to help with the analysis but NOT used for direct marketing.To opt out of Google Analytics Tracking, please click the button at the bottom of this page.|
|Store Notice (Woocommerce)||session||session||Allows customers to dismiss the store notice if displayed.|
|Woocommerce Cart Hash||session||session||Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes. No personal data is stored in this cookie.|
|Woocommerce cart session||persistent||2 days||Contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer.|
|Woocommerce Items in Cart||session||session||Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes. No personal data is stored in this cookie.|
|Woocommerce recently viewed||session||session||Powers the recently viewed area of the website if displayed. No personal data is stored in this cookie.|
|WordPress||2 weeks||Cookies used by WordPress for core functionality. These cookies are required for the website to work properly. More information can be found on this website: https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Cookies|
If you wish to disallow, disable or delete or control cookies on your browser, please follow the appropriate link for your browser below:
If you have any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Data Protection Act and EU GDPR, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you, namely;
- The right to be informed; why we process the personal data, who we share the data with and how long we will store the data for (see above)
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to an automated decision
You can read more about these rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
We try to be as open as we can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- give you confirmation as to whether or not we are holding any personal data about you and if yes, a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it and how long for
- tell you your rights in respect of personal data held by us
- tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
However, the right to obtain a copy must not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
To make an enquiry about any personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing addressing it to our Data Champion, at the address provided below.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone. If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes or exercise any of your other rights by, once again, contacting the Data Champion.
How to contact us
You can write to:
The Data Champion
Belly Button Designs Ltd or Belly Button Bubble Ltd
Unit 3, The Oakfield Centre,
Harling Road, Sharston Industrial Estate,
Manchester, M22 4UX
Or email – email@example.com